COVID 19 –useful information and contacts for Whitehill & Bordon Community
Whitehill Town Council offices based in the Forest Community Centre is closed until further notice.
Below are useful links to support and help the community of Whitehill & Bordon and we will endeavour to update these as soon as more information becomes available to us.
Local Community Support
- Bordon Buddies - You will now need to call the Hantshelp4vulnerable as below; The Facebook page is still active currently.
- Hantshelp4vulnerable - The Coronavirus Hampshire Helpline Helpline to provide information and advice, as well as practical support to frail or vulnerable Hampshire residents The helpline is available Monday - Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am - 4.30pm, and is for vulnerable people who do not have support from families, friends or their local community, and who need urgent assistance with practical issues.
- Community First Coordinating volunteers who will make sure all our vulnerable residents are contacted and have what they need through this time.
- Libraries - Temporary opening times are in operation at each library, please check the opening days and times of your library before visiting. https://www.hants.gov.uk/librariesandarchives/library/libraryfinder
Appropriate measures are in place to ensure staff and public stay safe. Face coverings are mandatory as per Government guidance.
- St Mark's Church, Bordon - Revd Deborah Scott-Bromley is always happy to be phoned for a chat if anyone is feeling lonely, afraid or bewildered. Prayers for this and any other issue can also be offered, completely confidentially, by request.
- Check the GOV.UK website for the most up to date advice
- East Hampshire Primary Care Network – NHS Southern East Hampshire - GP Practices who have started to work together in 'Primary Care Networks' (PCNs), to share their expertise and resources over wider geographical areas.
- Public Health England
- Hampshire County Council
- East Hampshire District Council - The District Council offices at Penns Place will be shut to the public indefinitely from Monday 23 March 2020. The Council outreach office in Alton and Bordon have also been closed. Staff at EHDC are working and the easiest and quickest method of contacting them is via your MyEHDC account which you can set up online.
- 01730 266551
- Housing Benefits:
- 01730 234 175
- All supporting evidence and documents can be emailed to the benefits department. Post Box: Benefits Department, East Hampshire District Council, Penns Place, Petersfield, GU31 4EX or use the letter box.
- Council Tax & Business Rate
- 0300 3030 590
- 01730 234 400
- 01730 234 415
- 01730 234 389
- 01730 234 246
- Post: You can place any planning application through the post box at Penns Place or the Alton Information Office
- Building Control
- 01730 234 207
- You can place any application through the post box at Penns Place or the Alton Information Office
- MHA - Befriending service to support vulnerable older people - Support for vulnerable older people in Whitehill & Bordon. A national charity, who through specialist care homes, thriving retirement living and vibrant community groups and befriending, we inspire the best care and wellbeing at every stage of later life.
- Every Mind Matters - Looking after your mental health - Mental wellbeing while staying at home. Find guidance, advice and tips on how to maintain your mental wellbeing if you need to stay at home.
- Gas & Electric prepay meters - For those in self isolation with a prepay meter, your energy provider may offer assistance if you are unable to leave your home.
- BRITISH GAS: 0333 202 9802
EDF: 0333 200 5100
EON: 0345 052 000
N POWER 0800 073 3000
SCOTTISH POWER: 0800 027 0072
SSE: 0345 026 2658
- Services for Young Children Team by Hampshire County Council - To help key workers requiring support, to identify care provision outside of usual business hours and/or at weekends. If you're a key worker and need this support please email email@example.com and include full contact details so that the team can assist parents and carers as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Citizens Advice - Citizens Advice East Hampshire has an advice line for all East Hampshire residents, contactable on 0300 330 9028. It is also offering a more extensive service to residents needing extra support.
- Business Support HM Government
- Council Tax Information
- East Hampshire District Council Business Support
- Community Grants by EHDC - Supporting Communities Fund and Councillor Grant Fund Grants to support the recovery from coronavirus
- The British Red Cross - The British Red Cross also has a number of volunteer schemes to help communities in emergency situations