Community Festive Decorating ‘Best Dressed’ Competition
Whitehill Town Council wishes to encourage the community to get into the festive spirit with their Festive Decorating Competition to be judged on the afternoon of Saturday 21st December 2019.
The Town Mayor, Cllr Catherine Clark, says “I am really excited to view all the wonderfully decorated homes and businesses across Whitehill & Bordon and to see our community showing great festive spirit!”
To Enter: Please submit a photo of your entry with your name, address and contact number. Entries may be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post/hand delivered to Whitehill Town Council, Council Offices, Forest Community Centre, Pinehill Road, Bordon GU35 0BS.
Closing date: By 5pm on Thursday 19th December 2019.
• The competition is free to enter.
• The competition is open to all ages, but please get permission of the premises owner prior to entering the competition.
• Decorations visible from the outside of properties only will be judged. No internal access to premises will be required for judging.
• Prize categories are: Best Dressed Business and Best Dressed Home.
• To enter: Please submit a photo of your entry with your name, address and contact number. Entries may be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com or by post/hand delivered to Whitehill Town Council, Council Offices, Forest Community Centre, Pinehill Road, Bordon GU35 0BS.
• Closing date: Complete entries not received by 5pm on Thursday 19th December will not be considered.
• Entries will be short listed based on photo only on Friday 20th December. Final judging will take place for those entries on the afternoon of Saturday 21st December via visit from a judging panel.
• Prizes for the winner and runner up in each category will be awarded. No monetary prizes will be applicable or offered in substitution for the trophies.
• Recycled and environmentally friendly entries are particularly encouraged.
• Prizes will be awarded on the spot on the day by the judging panel (the afternoon of Saturday 21st December). If no one is available at the winning premises to accept the award it will be made available at the council offices for collection until Friday 10th January (only).
• The decision of the judging panel will be final. Prize winners will be made public and announced to the local press shortly after judging.
• Any property nominated must be within the Parish of Whitehill (which includes Bordon.) Any nominations received from outside of the parish will not be considered.
The competition will be judged by The Mayor, Cllr Catherine Clark, The Mayoral Escort, Cllr Katie Anscomb and Leader of the Council, Cllr Andy Tree.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01420 473123.