For grants of £3,001 and over
Five organisations will receive a grant from Whitehill Town Council as part of the Major Grant Aid scheme to assist with running costs.
A meeting of the Full Council on 18 March 2019 agreed to award grants totalling £61,000 to support these hard working organisations in respect of the work they do for the benefit of all Whitehill & Bordon residents.
Councillors decided that all five organisations were all so incredibly deserving, and of such benefit to the community that monies were vired from general reserves to address any shortfall. Previous Chairman of Council Cllr Mrs Leslie Webber said 'It is a pleasure to be able to support these organisations on behalf of our community'.
- £10,000 to Citizens Advice East Hampshire to support targeted advice for the most vulnerable residents, and engage additional volunteer advisors based at the Bordon office.
- £5,000 to Home-Start Hampshire to extend the work undertaken with families and children.
- £25,000 to the Phoenix Theatre and Arts Centre to provide affordable and accessible arts for the community of Whitehill and Bordon.
- £6,000 to Whitehill and Bordon Community Association for the upkeep of the Forest Community Centre and to promote the use of the facilities.
- £15,000 to Whitehill and Bordon Community Trust to support the provision of educational activities at Hogmoor Community Buildings.
All members agreed to support these worthy causes.
The closing date for applicants seeking funding for 2020/21 is 30 November 2019.