Chairman: Cllr Roger Russell | Vice Chairman: Cllr Katie Anscomb
Whitehill Town Council is a statutory consultee on Whitehill & Bordon applications. Planning decisions are made by either the East Hampshire District Council Planning Authority or the South Downs National Park Authority:Click here
for a link to EHDC Planning AuthorityClick here
for a link to SDNP Planning Authority
Planning Committee meetings are held every three weeks to ensure that all applications referred from the two planning authorities; East Hampshire District Council and South Downs National Park are discussed.
The Planning Committee terms of reference state that the Committee shall:-
- Consider all planning applications and appeals affecting the Parish and to provide its comments to the planning authorities within the statutory time limits imposed.
- Consider and respond on highway and associated authorities and utility boards on matters relating on all local and district highways, road safety, footpaths and similar matters affecting the Parish.
- Delegate the Chairman or Vice Chairman to represent the Council at planning meetings of principal authorities.
- Delegate the Chairman or Vice Chairman to represent the Parish at any public or other inquiry by Government or other public body under any act relating to development control or any other aspect of planning and highway matters
- At the discretion of the Committee, refer any such applications to Full Council as is considered necessary.
- Be empowered to liaise with anybody, organisation or department of any local authority or utility board on any matter within the Committee’s area of responsibility.
*Prior to 13 May 2019 any meetings relates to the former Planning & Highways Committee*