Chairman: Cllr Mark Davison (Leader) | Vice Chairman: Cllr Sally Pond (Deputy Leader)
The Policy & Resources Committee meets approximately every six weeks and has responsibility for:
TERMS OF REFERENCE OF POLICY & RESOURCES COMMITTEE
ADOPTED BY COUNCIL 23.10.17
- Be responsible for the monitoring of the budgets of the Council to ensure expenditure is within the budgetary limits and income is being met, as agreed by Council.
- Consider and agree any proposed budget virements.
- Monitor the bank balances, general reserves and investments/deposits of the Council.
- Determine and monitor ear marked reserves and consider amendments when appropriate.
- Responsible for the investment strategy of the Council and agreeing to new investments/deposits.
- Monitor and agree arrangements for required Council insurances.
- Be responsible for determining minor grant applications within its budgetary limits and within the approved grant aid policy.
- Host a finance/budget workshop in October each year, prior to the formulation of the draft budget and precept request for the ensuing year.
- To be responsible for the corporate development of Council policies to be recommended to full Council for adoption.
- To be responsible for the Policy & Resources Committee workstream in the Council’s Strategic Plan and some priorities in the Maximising Opportunities Workstream. (Note that the Advisory Policy Group takes responsibility for reviewing the plan on a quarterly basis. Should a committee Chairman be unavailable, then the Vice Chairman should attend).
- Have the power to respond to corporate consultations from outside agencies.
- Responsibility for sub committees with their own delegated functions.
- Responsibility for working parties with their own delegated functions.
- To invite external agencies to give presentations to meetings to develop polices.
- Be empowered to liaise with anybody, organisation or department of any local authority or utility board on any matter within the Committee’s area of responsibility.