Chairman: Cllr Mark Davison (Leader) | Vice Chairman: Cllr Sally Pond (Deputy Leader)
The Policy & Resources Committee meets approximately every six weeks and has responsibility for:
- The monitoring of the budgets of the Council to ensure expenditure is within the budgetary limits and income is being met, as agreed by Council.
- Considering and agreeing any proposed budget virements
- Monitoring the bank balances, general reserves and investments/deposits of the Council
- Determining and monitoring ear marked reserves and consider amendments when appropriate
- The investment strategy of the Council and agreeing to new investments/deposits
- Monitoring and agreeing arrangements for required Council insurances
- Determining all grant applications within its budgetary limits and within the approved grant aid policy
- Hosting a finance/budget workshop in September/October each year, prior to the formulation of the draft budget and precept request for the ensuing year
- The corporate development of policies of the Council to include policies with regard to Hampshire’s Green Town development
- All staffing matters including policies, recruitment, pay levels etc. (excluding the appointment of the Town Clerk) including staff policies, recruitment, the handling of all grievance and disciplinary issues including dismissal (except for the Town Clerk) within budgetary limits
- Considering and responding to corporate consultations from outside agencies (excluding planning & highway matters)
- Two sub committees with their own delegated functions – Consultation Sub Committee (corporate consultations excluding planning and highway consultations; that cannot be considered by this Committee due to tight deadlines) and Staffing Sub Committee
- Inviting external agencies to give presentations to meetings to develop polices
- Be empowered to liaise with anybody, organisation or department of any local authority or utility board on any matter within the Committee’s area of responsibility.