Chairman: Cllr Mark Davison (Leader) | Vice Chairman: Cllr Sally Pond (Deputy Leader)
The Policy & Resources Committee meets approximately every six weeks and has responsibility for:
TERMS OF REFERENCE OF POLICY & RESOURCES COMMITTEE
ADOPTED BY COUNCIL 23.10.17
- Be responsible for the monitoring of the budgets of the Council to ensure expenditure is within the budgetary limits and income is being met, as agreed by Council.
- Consider and agree any proposed budget virements.
- Monitor the bank balances, general reserves and investments/deposits of the Council.
- Determine and monitor ear marked reserves and consider amendments when appropriate.
- Responsible for the investment strategy of the Council and agreeing to new investments/deposits.
- Monitor and agree arrangements for required Council insurances.
- Be responsible for determining minor grant applications within its budgetary limits and within the approved grant aid policy.
- Host a finance/budget workshop in October each year, prior to the formulation of the draft budget and precept request for the ensuing year.
- To be responsible for the corporate development of Council policies to be recommended to full Council for adoption.
- To be responsible for the Policy & Resources Committee workstream in the Council’s Strategic Plan and some priorities in the Maximising Opportunities Workstream. (Note that the Advisory Policy Group takes responsibility for reviewing the plan on a quarterly basis. Should a committee Chairman be unavailable, then the Vice Chairman should attend).
- Have the power to respond to corporate consultations from outside agencies.
- Responsibility for sub committees with their own delegated functions.
- Responsibility for working parties with their own delegated functions.
- To invite external agencies to give presentations to meetings to develop polices.
- Be empowered to liaise with anybody, organisation or department of any local authority or utility board on any matter within the Committee’s area of responsibility.
You are browsing Agendas and Minutes for the year 2023
|Meeting Date||Meeting Title||Agenda||Minutes||Supporting Documents|