Community Festive Decorating ‘Best Dressed’ Competition 2023
Embrace the festive spirit with Whitehill Town Council’s Festive Decorating Competition!
We invite and encourage our amazing community to dazzle and decorate as we celebrate a wonderful time of the year!
- Best Dressed House
- Best Dressed Business
- Best Dressed Residential Property
**Entry is FREE!**
**Deadline:** December 15th
**How to Enter:**
- Visit our website: www.whitehilltowncouncil.gov.uk/christmas
- Upload a festive photo of your decorated space
- Or you can submit your photos via hand to the Town Council offices, Forest Community Centre, Pinehill Road, GU35 0BS. (Please make sure you leave your name and contact details on the back of the photos before you hand them in.)
– Decorations visible from the outside of properties only will be judged.
– Any property entered must be within the Parish of Whitehill (which includes Bordon.) Any nominations received from outside of the parish will not be considered.
Terms & Conditions apply see below.
Let’s light up Whitehill & Bordon with the warmth of holiday spirit! Get creative, spread joy, and let’s make this festive season truly magical!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition is free to enter.
- The competition is open to all ages, but please get permission of the premises owner prior to entering the competition.
- Decorations visible from the outside of properties only will be judged. No internal access to premises will be required for judging.
- Prize categories are: Best Dressed Business, Best Dressed Home and Best Dressed Residential Property.
- To enter: Please upload a photo of your entry via our website at whitehilltowncouncil.gov.uk/christmas. Or entries may be submitted by hand to Whitehill Town Council, Council Offices, Forest Community Centre, Pinehill Road, Bordon GU35 0BS and all must be received by the deadline date.
- Closing date: Friday 15th Completed entries not received by 5pm on Friday 15th December will not be considered.
- Final judging will take place on 19th December
- Trophies for the winners in each category will be awarded. No monetary prizes will be applicable or offered in substitution for the trophies.
- Recycled and environmentally friendly entries are particularly encouraged.
- Trophies to be presented by the Town Mayor, Deputy Mayor or another Councillor before 23rd December and will also be announced via the council website and social media channels. (If no one is available at the winning premises to accept the award, it will be made available at the council offices for collection.)
- The decision of the judging panel will be final. Prize winners will be made public and announced to the local press shortly after judging.
- Any property nominated must be within the Parish of Whitehill (which includes Bordon.) Any nominations received from outside of the parish will not be considered.
Christmas Light Switch on 2023
CHRISTMAS LIGHT SWITCH ON
On the evening of Friday, 24th November 2023, at 5 pm, the Town Mayor, Cllr Leeroy Scott, illuminated the festive glow of Christmas lights enhancing Chalet Hill and the High Street, provided by Whitehill Town Council (WTC).
Notably, this year brings an enchanting addition to the shining display, with extra lights extending to The Dairy on the High Street and North Face’s Grooming Room on Chalet Hill!
Cllr Andy Tree, Leader of WTC said: “As promised, we continue to build on town council-led Christmas decorations year-on-year and hope to bring some festive cheer to Whitehill & Bordon.”
The Christmas trees gracing the planters at both ends of the town now stand adorned, and the majestic Christmas Stag proudly presides outside the SiGNAL Village on Camp Road, casting a magical glow.
The switch on was live streamed via the Town Council’s Facebook page and can be re-watched back on our website over the coming days.
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS SWITCH ON 2022
On Friday 25 November 2022 at 5pm the Town Mayor, Cllr Leeroy Scott, switched on the Christmas lights at the top of Chalet Hill which are provided by Whitehill Town Council.
The Christmas trees situated in the planters at either end of the town were also turned on, as well as the Christmas Stag located outside the SiGNAL Village on Camp Road.
Cllr Scott said: “I’m so excited to welcome you all here tonight, either in person or watching online. Last year’s lights display were a real success and so we wanted to mark the beginning of the Christmas period again, with our new town tradition of our Christmas lights switch on.”
Leader of the Council, Cllr Andy Tree said: “We as a town council continue to keep the promise we made for Whitehill & Bordon to have Christmas lights, following town council election of 2019. We started small with this in 2020 and put up more in 2021, including along Chalet Hill and the lit-up Christmas Stag located outside on Camp Road, near Kildare Road. Thank you to our officers for organising putting them up and the switch on event.”
Cllr Scott went on to say: “We realise that times are hard and people are struggling this year and you could help to support one of my chosen two charities which are the Bordon Food Bank and Chloe’s and Sophie’s Special Ears Fund.”
“If you would like to help these charities in some way and you have some spare money, The Bordon Food Bank is asking for Tesco vouchers in preference of food donations, please give these to Sian Manning at Community Trust – they would appreciate your donation, however small “Every little helps!”